Friday, February 24, 2006

DJ Spite

DJ Spite
DJ Spite,
originally uploaded by The Paper Doll.
My husband's nickname is DJ Spite. Ever since High School he's had this really evil habit of messing with whatever you're listening to. It started in his friend's cars. Along they'd be driving and someone would remark "hey, I love this song!". No sooner is the word "song" out of their mouths and the song is changed.

The first time it happened to me I thought it was a mistake, maybe he didn't hear what I said. Then I noticed it as a disturbing trend. Worse, when I'd say "oh man, this song really burns my nerves" the volume would go up. Finally, about a year or so ago I confronted him about this. He claims to not be able to controll himself. Even if he hates the same song you do, if you make any remark, the compulsion to annoy overrides the distaste.
On a long ago road trip I finally snapped and hollered "ALRIGHT DJ SPITE! Cut it out!" and smacked at the radio buttons. He decided that he really liked the nickname, and I have to say, it suits. After the nickname stuck I got the idea to make a logo for him so that he could lable his CDs and other work items that he carries around with him. Last night I managed to sit down and get it down on paper in this ink sketch. I really like how it came out. Now I just have to color it.

No comments: