Monday, April 27, 2009

Wedding Card


Cherish
Originally uploaded by The Paper Doll
This is the first time I've made a card without a sketch in a very very long time. I'm very pleased with the outcome. I am not very pleased with the outcome of the picture on the other hand. I really need to make a white box for photographing things like this but where on earth would I put it? There is absolutely no space anymore, I barely have enough room to maneuver (that word is waaaay too close to manure) myself to my desk, never mind having a huge box and lights hanging around. I really need to clean this place out. Thank God the neighborhood yard sale is in a few months. I need to start getting ready for that ASAP. Before I can do that though, perhaps I should finish writing about this card yes?

So this is the first time I've used the Cricut (yes folks, I am now the proud owner of a Cricut Expression machine in case I haven't said so about 15 hundred times already) to make a card/envelope set. I also had it bang out that nifty little certificate. I'm telling you, I could get used to not having to cut things out by hand real quick. It's so super handy for lettering too. I haven't even flexed all of the Cricut muscle yet and I'm a little intimidated, but it's fun. I still cut out way more stuff than I need to because I'm so enamored with the features. I can't just put in a piece of paper to cut one thing out, I have to start punching in things to fill the whole paper. I'm going to be overrun very soon. I don't care. I'm sure I can always use the stuff for swaps and other projects.
So I started this card sometime yesterday (shhhh the wedding was Saturday, can you say procrastinate? I can, in fact I just did). Actually I'm fibbing a bit. I started the concept of the card on Friday only to find out that our babysitter backed out last minute and we weren't going to be able to make it to the wedding. Once I realized I had more time I stopped rushing, decided that my original concept was too dark and gloomy for a celebration of such magnitude so I scrapped it and waited for someone to post pictures of the wedding on Facebook. Once I saw the color scheme and style I restarted the process and all of this flowed together relatively effortlessly. I woke up sometime at 2:30am today, worked a bit on the card, did the dishes, made cinnamon rolls, went back to bed, woke up again at 8:30 am (thank you Marshall for letting me sleep late, you really do love me). Once I got back to making the card it was just a matter of stamping, embossing and sticking it all together. Now it's safely in an envelope that needs to make it into my husband's laptop bag. I'm positive it will be completely destroyed, but it's the thought that counts and I can always send them a link of the picture, right?

No comments: