Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Live from North Carolina

I missed the submission deadline for the Basic Grey contest. I'm not really sure wether or not I'm put out yet. I'll let you know when I see the results of the winning entry. I think maybe I'm just dissapointed in myself for allowing myself to mope around and not do anything about it. Wah wah wah, whine moan complain.
I did pack quite a bit of my scrapbooking paper collection to bring with me to NC while visiting a fellow scrapper and close friend of the family. Maybe I'll actually get some stuff done. We got quite a few pictures of the kiddos trick or treating last night. Tammy (my scrapping NC buddy) and I made her daughter Mya's first costume. Mya was an acorn. Oh heavens she was cute. Emily (my kiddo) did the default princess fairy thing because mommy was uninspired this year. Well not so much uninspired as confused. Emily wanted to be Jessie from Toy Story 2, a shiny purple dinasour, a fairy princess, and an alien all in the space of a month. Every time I asked her what she wanted to be for Halloween she'd change her mind so I decided not to make a costume on principle. I don't think I could have born the heartbreak if she had decided she didn't like it. Emily looked fantastic. We did a brief looting of a neighborhood close to Tammy's with a friend of hers and her son who were decked out in midieval garb. Calvin was a knight and he looked ADORABLE. I don't think I've ever seen such a cute group of kids in my life.
I dressed as a pirate because it was the only thing that allowed for my limp and cane. I tried to make a faux peg leg but I couldn't find a large enough piece of brown cardboard. I did make an eyepatch that was pretty funny. Tammy wore a hat that I made to look like a flower with floppy petals. It was pretty darn cute. Tammy got tons of pictures and I can't wait to see them all and make a few layouts with them. So yeah, everything else has been so boring and mundane without my job at the art store that I barely ever have anything to write about. Man do I miss that job, but I can't go back until I can stand around and walk for 8 hours. I can't wait.

2 comments:

Amy W. said...

hi Sasha! hope you put a pic of Em up, i would love to see her in her costume. *hugs* :>

Sasha said...

Amy! Just as soon as I have ten minutes to sit still in front of my machine at home, I'll be sure to upload. Thanks for checking in!