Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Organizing my stamps...

Have you ever submitted a card or scrapbook page or other arty crafty item only to realize that you can't remember the names of the stuff you've used? It happens to me all the stinking time. Ok, well maybe I don't submit stuff all the time, but when I do I'm sometimes stumped by who made what I've used. Sometimes I'm lucky and the product information is on the product, most of the time it isn't and I wasn't smart enough to write it down. Those days are over.

Right now I'm making a catalog of all of my stamps, clear and rubber. I've cut scraps of white cardstock into 4"x5" rectangles and I'm stamping the images onto them. Then I write down the product info on the bottom of the card and indicate what kind of stamp (rubber or clear) in the upper right hand corner with an R or C. Then I punch a hole in the upper left hand corner and put them on one of those binder rings. Now, not only can I flip through to find a particular image when I'm looking for one, but I can also flip through and find who made it. I'd like to do this with some of my unmarked papers as well. Some of them have the info on the back, some don't. For the ones that don't, I think I'll do something similar. Yay for organization! It was about time.

No comments: